Now that I know that we are in Daegu, South Korea I decided to do some research about it…
- Population of 2.5 million people
- Known as the “Fashion capital” of Korea
- Known as a “green city” and is running on alternative energy sources
- Kim Bum-il in the Mayor haha
- Suseong Resort is a reservoir resort area in Daegu’s southeast side. Ringed by trees and a walkway with benches, many young couples come here to take a walk or enjoy the beauty of the reservoir.
You can often see middle and high school students who come here to practice sketching landscapes. People can enjoy boating or windsurfing in the reservoir. On the west side, Suseong Land has a few rides and attracts crowds until late at night.
– Admission: Free
-Directions: Take #404, 435 bus at the Dongdaegu Express Bus Terminal next to Dongdaegu Station and exit at Suseongmot 5 (O) geori, 5 minutes walking.
- http://english.daegu.go.kr/cms/cms.asp?Menu=738 a website that covers all of the REALLY important stuff that foreigners might need on hand. Telephone to the immigration office, where to find an English speaking doctor, etc.
- Emergency Situation Call List http://english.daegu.go.kr/cms/cms.asp?Menu=107
Blogs about Daegu
A couples blog (Joel and Lisa) who are teaching in Daegu. http://konglishadventures.wordpress.com/
An English teacher through EPIK teaching in Daegu. http://diegotodaegu.wordpress.com/
Female teacher teaching English in Daegu, South Korea. http://amandankorea.tumblr.com/